#TFIFYF Bootcamp runs from July 4 – August 3 and includes 4 weeks of FULL-TIME, intensive training. After successfully completing bootcamp, all grads will receive a FREE one-year Outreach membership to the Toronto Fashion Incubator which offers year-round mentoring support. PLUS, based on daily attendance and assignment scores, the TOP 10 bootcamp grads will advance to Phase 2.
Bootcamp topics include:
- Business Planning
- Costing and Pricing
- Cash Flow Projections
- Designing a Cohesive Collection
- Sales and Marketing
- Market Research
- Communication and Social Media
From August 8 to September 8, the TOP 10 bootcamp graduates will receive $1,000 in micro-financing to develop and produce a 10 – 15 piece spring 2018 sample accessory collection using mentor guidance and resources.
- In order to confirm participation in Phase 2, the TOP 10 bootcamp grads will pitch their business idea to a panel of industry experts.
- Once confirmed to advance to Phase 2, 10 participants will be matched with a professional maker-mentor to develop and price a 10 – 15 piece accessory line for the spring 2018 season.
- In order to access the $1,000 micro grant, participants must submit receipts and/or quotes using our #TFIFYF templates. Examples of eligible costs may include: materials and supplies to develop products, display fixtures, printing costs and/or development of marketing materials.
After successfully completing Phase 2 and developing a line of 10 – 15 spring 2018 accessory samples, the designers will pitch their line and a 3-year business plan to a panel of industry experts. Only the TOP 5 from Phase 2 will proceed to Phase 3 which runs from September 11 to October 31. In this final stage of #TFIFYF, participants receive ongoing support and training, additional funding, a look book photo shoot, the opportunity to participate in the Toronto Fashion Incubator’s Press & Buyers Trade Show taking place in October AND a FREE limited time offer of studio workspace at the Toronto Fashion Incubator.
- The TOP 5 designers at the end of Phase 2 all receive an additional $2,000 micro grant to further develop the business and to prepare for tradeshow orders and costs. Examples of eligible costs may include: materials and supplies to produce orders, packaging supplies, display materials and/or marketing costs etc.
Wrap around Support
- Daily lunch during Phase 1 bootcamp for everyone who’s eligible and enrolled
- TTC fare for scheduled field trips
- A FREE, one year TFI Outreach membership for one year of additional mentoring support for bootcamp grads
- Bootcamp grads will also be invited to TFI’s Meet & Mingle business networking socials and 4 TFI seminars in 2017 at no additional cost
- Must provide proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status with a Canadian SIN card on the FIRST DAY OF BOOTCAMP
- Must provide proof of age (you’re aged between 20-29 at the start of the program)
- You attended a TFIFYF INFO session earlier this year (this is a PREREQUISITE)
- You’re not a full-time student or returning to school this year
- You’re available full-time from July 4 – August 3, 2017 to attend daily Bootcamp
- You’re available to participate in all phases of the program
- You live and work in Ontario
- You’re not enrolled in any other Ontario Self Employment Programs or Ontario Employment Benefits Programs
- You’ll agree to sign and follow TFI’s Code of Conduct